What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as: ““The consciousness that appears by deliberately paying attention, in the present moment and without judging, to how the experience unfolds from moment to moment”. (Kabat-Zinn, J. 2003).
It consists of systematic attention training that allows to develop internal resources of self-observation and self-regulation offering the possibility of deactivating the automatic reaction of stress. People learn to stop, pause and respond more adaptively, deactivating the reactive chain generated by emotions. This involves training minds to be fully attentive to the present moment..
With more than 30 years of scientific research, Mindfulness is one of the most effective interventions to reduce stress, anxiety, uncertainty, depression and improve interpersonal relationships.
A wide range of studies have shown the specific benefits of mindfulness for businesses:
- Improvement of productivity: effectiveness and efficiency
- Improves the ability of team working
- Reduction of absenteeism costs and staff turnover
- Improves peer relationships and customer relationships
- Increase job satisfaction and alignment with business goals